The Best Burgers in Mammoth Lakes
Who doesn’t love a good burger? After an active and adventurous day in the mountains, sometimes there’s nothing that can quench an appetite like a hearty hamburger and fries. Luckily, restaurants in Mammoth Lakes grill up an incredible selection of burgers. From a basic burger with fries to more gourmet offerings, Mammoth Lakes has dozens of mouth-watering options to choose from.
While not comprehensive, here are some of the favorites from the local burger connoisseurs of Mammoth Lakes for the next time you’re craving this all-American favorite. For more information on the dining establishments around town, head over to the Restaurants section.
Best Burger Joint: Burgers
Located across the street from the Village at Mammoth, the legendary Burgers restaurant has been enticing guests with the smell of grilled hamburgers and friendly service for almost half a century. Proudly offering daily-ground choice beef and additional burger options such as buffalo, veggie, and turkey, Burgers has an option for everyone. After an energy-sapping day on the slopes or trails try the huge Mammoth Burger, a half-pound behemoth ideally suited for “Mammoth-sized” appetites.
If not in the mood for a hamburger, Burgers maintains a full menu complete with a wide selection of diner-style dinners, salads, sandwiches, and their award winning BBQ ribs. Be certain to ask about the homemade salad dressings and awesome array of dipping sauces. Plus, Burgers maintains an extensive child’s menu, making it a great place to grab a meal as a family.
Burgers: The Stats
- Ideal for: Families, groups, burger connoisseurs, the ravenous, and those seeking the convenience of the Village at Mammoth
- Beer, wine, and cocktails available
- Open daily for lunch and dinner from 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Burgers accepts reservations at (760) 934-6622
- Menu and additional information: www.burgersrestaurant.com
- Location: 118 Minaret Road, Mammoth Lakes, CA.
Best Gourmet Burger: The Mammoth Tavern
The Mammoth Tavern has established itself as one of Mammoth Lakes’ most popular eateries with locals and visitors alike. The restaurant’s signature Tavern Burger, a fresh ground sirloin hamburger topped with white cheddar, smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, grilled red onions, and dijon-mayo and served on a toasted bun with sweet potato fries, is an absolute feast of epic proportions. Enjoy this decadent gourmet burger with a draft beer while being surrounded by breathtaking views of the Sherwin Range.
The Tavern Burger is arguably the best hamburger in Mammoth Lakes and for those that prefer a more refined (and less messy) fare, the Tavern maintains an extensive menu. From gourmet sandwiches and salads to beef tenderloin and halibut, the restaurant’s culinary experts consistently provide an unforgettable gastronomic experience. With an airy and open second-floor location, the Mammoth Tavern is a fantastic place to be around sunset, so be certain to ask for a window table.
The Mammoth Tavern: The Stats
- Ideal for: Family, friends, and business professionals looking for gourmet food and scenic views
- Craft beers on tap, full bar, and extensive wine list showcasing the finest of California
- Happy hour: From 4:00 to 5:30, enjoy half-off most drinks, poured wines, and draft beer
- Open Tuesday to Sunday from 4:00 to around 10:00 pm
- The Mammoth Tavern does not accept reservations
- Menu and additional information: www.mammothtavern.com or (760) 934-3902
- Location: 587 Old Mammoth Road no. 10, Mammoth Lakes, CA.
Best Value: Happy Hour at Slocums
Sometimes a hamburger is all about value and for the best deal in the Mammoth Lakes, visit Slocums on Main Street during happy hour. Daily from 4 to 6 pm, Slocums serves its “locally famous” angus cheeseburger and fries for under five bucks. This quarter-pound, flame-broiled burger is topped with real cheddar and comes fully garnished with all of the popular fixings.
Slocums has been a long-standing tradition in Mammoth Lakes, offering unbelievable happy hour food and drink specials in the bar to locals and visitors since 1983. In addition, Slocums also offers a full dinner menu of gourmet steakhouse-style dishes in their pub-inspired dining room.
Slocums: The Stats
- Ideal for: The budget oriented, those looking to rub shoulders with the locals, and friends of the sitcom, Cheers
- Full bar with great happy hour specials and awesome staff
- Happy hour: From 4:00 to 6:00 pm
- Open daily from 4:00 to closing
- Slocums does not accept reservations
- Menu and additional information (downloadable coupons): www.slocums.com or (760) 934-7647
- Location: 3221 Main Street, Mammoth Lakes, CA.