John Morris – Chairman; Director of Operations, Snowcreek Resort
John moved to Mammoth Lakes in 1987 after a post-college summer in Yosemite and, as they say, “forgot to leave”. With a degree in Economics from the University of Maryland, he began working for Snowcreek Resort in 1988, taking on various positions over the years. Today he oversees vacation rental, golf and property management operations as the director of operations. After 30 years working in hospitality in Mammoth Lakes, John brings a deep understanding of the local tourism industry to his position on the Mammoth Lakes Tourism board of directors.
As a founding member of the organization, John is passionate about making a difference in the community and seeing the town grow through increased tourism. He is most excited about recent successes that will allow Mammoth Lakes Tourism to contribute to larger tourism-focused projects, such as an event venue, a convention center and airport improvements.
In addition to his role with Mammoth Lakes Tourism, John has been active in the community for many years, serving currently as chairman of the Mammoth Lakes Lodging Association and head coach of the Mammoth High School volleyball team. In his free time, John enjoys spending time with his wife Lolita and daughter Cassidy as well as staying active with a variety of summer sports, including hiking, golf and wakeboarding.
Jeremy Goico – Vice Chair; Owner Black Tie Ski Rentals
Chamber of Commerce Representative
Michael Ledesma – Secretary; Owner, Gomez’s Restaurant & Tequileria
Michael and his wife Jeannie purchased a second home in Mammoth Lakes back in 1997. After selling a company, Fitness Products International, LLC (FPI) in Southern CA, they moved up to Mammoth Lakes full time in 2010.
Michael earned his BA in Marketing from Cal State University at Northridge. As a partner at FPI and director of domestic & international sales, Michael grew sales from 850,000 to 22 million with FPI which led to the sale to Amer Sports, holders of winter sports brands such as Salomon, Atomic and Arc’ Teryx. Michael now owns and operates two restaurants in Mammoth Lakes – Gomez’s at the Village and Base Camp Café. Active in the community, Michael has served on the TBID steering committee, Chamber of Commerce Board and currently sits on Measure “S” oversight committee in addition to his MLT board seat. Activities include snowboarding, kayaking, paddle boarding and coaching kids, Siena and Hayden, in AYSO.
Rhonda Duggan – Treasurer
At Large Representative
Matthew Hammer – Owner, Shelter Distilling and Black Velvet Coffee
Pat Foster – President, Hot Creek Aviation
At Large Representative
Eric Clark – Chief Operating Officer of Resorts Services, Mammoth Mountain
Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Representative
Eric Clark is the Chief Operating Officer of Resort Services for Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, LLC.
Eric has worked in the ski and ride hospitality industry for twenty-eight years. During his industry tenure, Clark has worked in the Keystone and Breckenridge, CO area for 10 years, Winter Park, CO for 10 years, Park City, UT for 3 years and now Mammoth Lakes, California for nearly 5 years.
Clark is the Chief Operating Officer of Resort Services for Mammoth Resorts. The umbrella of Resort Services includes the Hospitality divisions as well as Food and Beverage, Retail, Staff Accommodations, air service and golf. Eric along with the Resort Services teams continue to strive to elevate both the guests and the employee’s experiences in our wonderful community.
Additionally, Clark manages multiple HOA building and Master associations where he strives to ensure a common vision to enhance the overall resort destination experience between all the constituencies such as the resort owner, local businesses and residential homeowners.
He is a graduate of Colorado College and received his MBA from the University of Denver. No matter the season Eric enjoys spending time outdoors in Mammoth Lakes and he loves the fact that his profession is all about sharing those experiences with others.
Town Council Representative
Jess Karell – Sales and Events Manager, Sierra Nevada Resort
John Urdi – Executive Director, Mammoth Lakes Tourism
John moved to Mammoth Lakes in 2010 to lead Mammoth Lakes Tourism in its early years. His degree from Northeastern University and 31-plus years of experience in hospitality and tourism, including positions with American Skiing Company, Colorado Ski Country USA and resorts across the country, prepared John to lead the Mammoth Lakes Tourism team. He is passionate about tapping into all of the opportunities to grow the Mammoth Lakes tourism industry and bringing visitors to town during historically slower seasons.
Locally, John is involved as a board member of the Chamber of Commerce, the Mammoth Lakes Trails and Public Access Foundation and the TOT compliance task force. He is also the chairman of the Visit California snow committee and a board member for the US Travel Association and California Travel Association.
Winter sports have always been a draw for John, so he is grateful that Mammoth Lakes offers him and his children Bryn and Jace the chance to ski together and be on the mountain upwards of 100 days a year.
Agendas & Board Minutes
MLT Bylaws updated December 2013.
- January 7, 2020 (minutes)
- February 5, 2020 (minutes)
- March 4, 2020 (minutes)
- March 16, 2020 – Special Meeting (minutes)
- May 6, 2020 (minutes)
- May 12, 2020 – Special Meeting (minutes)
- June 3, 2020 (minutes) (June 8th continuation minutes)
- July 1, 2020 (minutes)
- August 5, 2020 (minutes)
- September 10, 2020 (minutes)
- October 7, 2020 (minutes)
- November 4, 2020 (minutes)
- December 2, 2020 (minutes)
- January 10, 2019 (minutes)
- February 6, 2019 (minutes)
- March 12, 2019 (minutes)
- April 3, 2019 (minutes)
- May 2, 2019 – Special Meeting (minutes)
- May 7, 2019 (minutes)
- May 10, 2019 – Special Meeting (minutes)
- June 5, 2019 (minutes)
- July 3, 2019 (minutes)
- August 7, 2019 (minutes)
- September 4, 2019 (minutes)
- October 2, 2019 (minutes)
- November 6, 2019 (minutes)
- November 11, 2019 – Special Meeting (minutes)
- November 25, 2019 – Special Meeting (minutes)
- December 4, 2019 (minutes)
- January 3, 2018 (minutes)
- February 7, 2018 (minutes)
- March 5, 2018 – Closed Session (agenda)
- March 7, 2018 (minutes)
- April 3, 2018 (minutes)
- May 1, 2018 (special meeting)(minutes)
- May 2, 2018 (minutes)
- June 6, 2018 (minutes)
- June 25, 2018 – Executive session (minutes)
- July 3, 2018 (minutes)
- July 11, 2018 – Air Service meeting (minutes)
- August 1, 2018 (minutes)
- August 29, 2018 – Executive Session (minutes)
- September 11, 2018 (minutes)
- September 26, 2018 – special meeting (minutes)
- October 3, 2018 (minutes)
- October 18, 2018 – closed session (minutes)
- November 7, 2018 (minutes)
- December 13, 2018 (minutes)
- January 4, 2017 (agenda)
- January 4, 2017 – Town Council Workshop (agenda)
- January 4, 2017 (minutes)
- February 1, 2017 (agenda)
- February 1, 2017 (minutes)
- March 8, 2017 (agenda)
- March 8, 2017 (minutes)
- April 5, 2017 (agenda)
- April 5, 2017 (minutes)
- April 24, 2017 – Special Meeting with MeringCarson (agenda)(minutes)
- May 9, 2017 (agenda) – replaces regularly scheduled meeting on May 3, 2017
- May 9, 2017 (minutes)
- May 24, 2017 (agenda) – Special Meeting
- May 24, 2017 (minutes)
- June 7, 2017 (agenda)(minutes)
- July 11, 2017 (agenda) (minutes)
- August 2, 2017 (agenda)(minutes)
- August 7, 2017 (agenda) – Special Meeting (minutes)
- September 5, 2017 (agenda)(minutes)
- October 4, 2017 (agenda)(minutes)
- October 11, 2017
- MLT and Town Council Finance Panel (agenda)
- October 23, 2017 (agenda)(minutes) – Special Meeting
- November 1, 2017 (agenda) (minutes)
- December 6, 2017 (minutes)
- Mono Inyo Airport Working Group Meeting – December 7, 2017