Lara Kaylor, Mammoth Lakes Tourism
760-934-2712, ext. 1303 or email@example.com
Lauren Burke, Mammoth Mountain
760.934.2571 Ext. 3149 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
What’s New in Mammoth Lakes and Mammoth Mountain for Winter 2021/22
A New Airport Highlights Major Changes to Air Travel Options to Mammoth Lakes
Mammoth Lakes, Calif. (OCT. 12, 2021) — Air travel to Mammoth Lakes is about to get a whole lot easier, more comfortable & more reliable. Starting this winter season, United flights from Los Angeles, San Francisco and Denver will arrive and depart from Bishop (BIH) airport. It’s one of several major improvements to the experience at California’s most-visited winter resort.
MAMMOTH MOUNTAIN IMPROVEMENTS
- Main Lodge Land Swap Finalized — Mammoth Mountain Ski Area and the U.S. Forest Service announced the completion of a land swap that sets the stage for transformational change at the third most-visited ski resort in the United States. The transaction gives Mammoth Mountain private ownership of the Main Lodge Base Area, a 35.7 acre parcel of previously leased Forest Service land. The land swap makes possible large-scale improvements to Mammoth’s Main Lodge base area, including the Mammoth Mountain Inn and surrounding infrastructure.
- Coca-Cola Lounge
- The Coca-Cola Lounge is an all-new space inside McCoy Station to recharge between runs, grab a snack and create your own favorite drink with a Coca-Cola freestyle machine. Offering various food options, drinks and photo ops, it’s the perfect spot to kick your feet up.
- The bottom floor of McCoy Station, located mid-mountain, has been converted into a completely renovated custom lounge for skiers and riders.
- Coca-Cola freestyle machines and float stations will be available for guest use.
- Westin Monache Guest Room Renovations
- Refreshing all guest rooms with new carpet, paint, furniture, lighting, and artwork. Working towards a lobby, meeting room and Whitebark Restaurant renovation in the spring.
- Mammoth Lodging Collection expands Luxury Homes Portfolio – Mammoth Mountain’s luxury home offering will more than double in size this winter. Catering to families or groups who want their own private sanctuary close to all the action, each residence offers a unique place to call home during a Mammoth stay. Homes can accommodate 7 to 14 guests depending on the property. The new additions include:
- Two new homes at the Obsidian Residences
- Nine new homes at Hillside Highlands
- One new condo at Snowcreek
NEW AIR SERVICE
- New Advanced Air service into Mammoth Lakes Airport— New this year, Advanced Air will offer regional service to and from Burbank (BUR), Hawthorne (HHR) and Carlsbad (CLD) airports. Advanced Air flights also have the advantage of being able to land in Bishop, Calif. (35 miles away) in the event of inclement weather in Mammoth Lakes. Service will start November 24 and runs through April 4, with a scaled back schedule until December 16.
- BUR – flying four days a week (Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sun)
- HHR – flying three days a week (Thurs, Fri, Sun)
- CLD – flying four days a week (Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sun)
- United Airlines service into Bishop–United Airlines will offer daily service to and from Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO) and Denver (DEN) throughout the winter season. The BIH flights will replace daily United service to Mammoth Yosemite Airport (MMH), making winter air travel to California’s most popular mountain resort more accessible. The move to Bishop also opens the door for expanded flight routes and access to Mammoth Lakes in the future. Daily seasonal service into Bishop via United will be offered from Denver, Colo., Los Angeles and San Francisco beginning Dec. 19, 2021. Shuttle and rental car services from Bishop to Mammoth Lakes will be available to visitors on each flight (including those that are delayed). Drive time from Bishop to Mammoth Lakes is about 45 minutes and with free and regular bus service throughout Mammoth Lakes, it’s easy to get around without a car.
NEW AROUND TOWN
- Community Recreation Center — The Town of Mammoth Lakes has begun constructing a new Community Recreation Center (CRC) at Mammoth Creek Park. A ribbon-cutting ceremony planned in the spring/summer of 2022. The Community Recreation Center (CRC) will be a Sprung Performance Arena enclosing an Olympic size ice rink that will operate in the winter and in the summer, proposed durable sport tiles will cover the rink area creating a 20,000 sq. foot Mammoth RecZone. Combined with community driven and professionally branded programming, the new year-round facility operated by the Parks and Recreation Department will be a game-changer for recreation in Mammoth Lakes. The CRC is the major recreation amenity at Mammoth Creek Park that includes three complementary components: the natural play area; National Demonstration Site 7,700 sq. ft. inclusive playground and the new minor-mobility hub with parking for up to 118 vehicles.
- Mammoth Coffee Roasting Company — Mammoth Coffee Roasting Company brews delicious coffee and bakes amazing pastries and donuts at its new storefront in the heart of downtown Mammoth Lakes. They believe in helping humanity one roast at a time and love to put people and the planet first, and to support charities and local organizations. Check them out at 436 Old Mammoth Rd.
Check visitmammoth.com and mammothmountain.com for more information and to get started booking a Mammoth Lakes vacation.