Lara Kaylor, Mammoth Lakes Tourism
760-934-2712, ext. 1303 or email@example.com
Lauren Burke, Mammoth Mountain
760.934.2571 Ext. 3149 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
What’s New for Winter ‘22-23 in Mammoth Lakes
New Voltaggio Brothers Restaurant Brings Star Power to Mammoth Lakes Dining Scene
Mammoth Lakes, Calif. (September 22, 2022) –– California’s premier mountain destination is set to see a number of improvements this winter as investment continues pouring into Mammoth Lakes. From new restaurants and remodeled lodging to improved infrastructure, the visitor experience will see a number of meaningful enhancements.
And the best is yet to come with several transformational projects breaking ground this winter, including a completely reimagined activity hub at Mammoth Mountain and construction on several luxury lodging projects underway.
Getting to Mammoth Lakes will also be easier and more cost effective from Southern California, especially for regular visitors, with the addition of Advanced Air flight products that will reward regular air travelers.
MAMMOTH MOUNTAIN IMPROVEMENTS
- The Voltaggio Brothers Restaurant – Famed ‘Top Chefs’ Michael and Bryan Voltaggio are bringing their latest restaurant concept to The Village at Mammoth this December 2022. More details to come.
- Woolly’s Tube Park – Construction on a multi-year expansion and enhancement project at Woolly’s Tube Park kicked off in summer 2022 with the goal of developing Woolly’s into a hub for both winter and summer activities. For Winter 22/23, Woolly’s will see major renovations and expansion to the tubing lanes, six new snowmaking fan guns, and a new elevated conveyor lift. Expect expanded parking and a larger snow-play and sledding area as well. Long term plans include a day lodge, a mountain coaster, the relocation of Snowmobile Adventures HQ, summer ropes courses and more.
- The Mill Expansion – The Mill, a favorite on-mountain BBQ restaurant and bar, is expanding both the outdoor and indoor spaces. Indoor seating will double in size and a mobile order pick-up window will be added. The outdoor bar is doubling in size and includes new furniture throughout the restaurant plus a new sound system to enhance The Mill’s live music capabilities.
- Snowmaking Expansion – Summer 2022 saw over $5m of new and updated snowmaking equipment, including the installation of 20 new SMI Super Puma fan guns and 6 SMI Polecat fan guns. These are state of the art automated machines that will increase snowmaking production during cold weather windows. These guns save on energy use as they don’t require compressed air to operate. The placement of the new guns allows for better East to West connectivity across the mountain, and a quicker build for our Unbound Terrain Parks.
- Sierra Lodge Employee Housing – Mammoth Mountain closed escrow in July 2022 on the Sierra Lodge hotel property, to be used exclusively for employee housing. Sierra Lodge will house up to 72 employees. Each room offers a kitchenette and private bathroom and employees will also have access to 30 on-site underground parking spots as well as communal spaces at the Lodge. Mammoth currently offers employee housing to approximately 500 employees.
- Ski Butlers – Recently acquired by Alterra Mountain Company, Ski Butlers will bring their equipment rental delivery service to Mammoth this season.
NEW AROUND TOWN
- Advanced Airlines 10-Packs – Join the Bulk Ticket Club at Advanced Airlines. You may purchase a bulk ticket booklet of ten (10) one way tickets at a discounted price that’s up to 75% off peak season rates. Once purchased, you’ll receive a login so that you may book your own tickets at the discounted rate. Bulk tickets are fully transferable to guests of your choosing. Tickets expire 12 months from purchase date, are subject to refundable fare rules, and include all applicable taxes. Ticket booklets are non-refundable. Additional terms and conditions apply. Go to https://advancedairlines.com/bulk-ticket-club/ to set up an account. Current ticket booklet offers the following Mammoth selections:
Hawthorne to Mammoth: $1,544.60
Burbank to Mammoth: $1,544.60
Carlsbad to Mammoth: $1,652.10
- Limelight Hotel – The new Limelight Hotel Mammoth & Residences will feature 151 hotel rooms and 15 luxury residences, as well as a restaurant and lounge, all of it within easy walking distance to the Village Gondola and the slopes at Mammoth Mountain. The hotel’s stylish design will simultaneously embrace and celebrate the beautiful natural surroundings of the Sierra, all while providing the comforts of home that travelers have come to expect from the Limelight Hotels. With a ground-breaking in 2022 followed by substantial progress through the summer, the anticipated opening is 2024.
- The Sierra Nevada, an Outbound Hotel – Re-opening November 1 just in time for ski season, The Sierra Nevada Resort welcomes guests to a western classic reborn as a mountain maximalist retreat just five minutes away from California’s highest chairlift-serviced peak. The reimagined 179-room resort, which includes 20 four-bedroom villas opening in May 2023, is a year-round basecamp designed for a new generation of pioneers who share the unbridled spirit of Dave McCoy, who brought alpine skiing to Mammoth Mountain in 1948. Guestrooms nod to the destination’s legacy of rugged irreverence with a modern yet unfussy approach to high west design conveyed through nostalgic art, illustrated maps, and western patterns that occur in natural tones. A collection of 10 light-filled cabins features private fireplaces, modern alpine furniture, natural woods and bathroom tiles reminiscent of the evergreens outside.The Americana-inspired lobby invites guests to sink into lived-in leather chairs and rawhide stools for fireside chats and stiff cocktails. Bar Sierra, the resort’s modern American restaurant concept, celebrates local beers while the lobby wine bar offers a selection of international wines curated by the onsite sommelier. Outside, a food garden features a rotating selection of food trucks for adventurers on the go. A natural-edge pool overlooking the Sierra slopes serves as a scenic destination to unwind and plot the next day’s foray into the wild and unexpected.
Check visitmammoth.com and mammothmountain.com for more information and to get started booking a Mammoth Lakes vacation.