COVID-19 Safety at Retail Stores in Mammoth Lakes
NOTE: Masks are required at all retail stores.
As California begins to ease restrictions, retail stores in Mammoth Lakes are beginning to reopen with new county-wide guidelines in place to keep guests and staff safe and healthy.
Some retail stores in Mammoth Lakes may be operating with changed or reduced hours or remain temporarily closed. Visit the store’s website or contact the business directly for the most up-to-date information about hours and operations.
HOW RETAIL STORES ARE KEEPING GUESTS AND STAFF SAFE
In accordance with the State of California, Mono County has developed health and safety guidelines for retail stores to begin to welcome customers again. Some safety measures are required by the Mono County Public Health Department and others are recommended as additional health and safety precautions.
Some safety precautions include:
- Disinfecting all rental equipment between uses
- Encouraging customers to avoid handling merchandise whenever possible
- Avoiding crowding in stores by limiting the number of customers allowed inside at a given time
- Possible temporary no-return policies
- Ensuring frequent cleaning of common surfaces
- Offering curbside pickup and/or mobile ordering
- Increased cleaning of public restrooms, while encouraging guests to use the restroom at home before arriving
For detailed information about a specific retail store’s cleanliness protocols, visit the store’s website or contact the business directly.
ETIQUETTE FOR GUESTS VISITING RETAIL STORES
The town of Mammoth Lakes and the retail stores here are doing their part to keep guests, workers and the local community safe. Our community also asks that guests do their part to keep our community safe in return by adhering to these safety and etiquette guidelines:
- Respect each retail store’s safety regulations (ex: waiting for capacity to open up, wearing a face covering, physical distancing)
- Be respectful of others; while some people may not share the same level of concern as others, it’s important to respect public spaces, be kind and follow precautions
- Protect staff and other guests by wearing a mask when you enter the store
- Keep a physical distance of six feet from anyone outside of your immediate household, even if you are wearing a face covering
- Plan ahead and use the restroom at home before you go to a retail store to avoid public restrooms whenever possible
- Clean your hands often
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Stay home if you are feeling sick
TYPES OF RETAIL SERVICE ALLOWED IN MAMMOTH LAKES
Based on state guidelines, these Mammoth Lakes retail businesses are allowed to open:
Essential Retail Stores
- Grocery stores and markets permitted
- Pharmacies permitted
Non-essential Retail Stores
- Retail and gear rental permitted
- Personal services (ex: hair salons) permitted
FAQS ABOUT COVID-19 SAFETY FOR RETAIL STORES
Are retail stores in Mammoth Lakes open?
Most retail stores in Mammoth Lakes are open for in-store shopping and curbside pick-ups. Check with each retail store to learn about hours of operation and available services.
Are personal service businesses (ex: salons, gyms, etc.) in Mammoth Lakes open?
Yes, personal service businesses in Mammoth Lakes are permitted to open.
Where can I find information about a specific retail store’s policies about cleanliness, hours of operation etc.?
For more detailed information about a specific retail store’s policies, visit the store’s website or contact the business directly.