COVID-19 Safety at Hotels & Lodging in Mammoth Lakes
Hotels and lodging properties in Mammoth Lakes are currently welcoming guests and accepting future reservations for leisure travel while following state and county guidelines to keep guests and staff safe and healthy.
If you have questions about how a specific lodging property is handling safety and cleanliness in light of COVID-19, contact the property directly for more information on its cleanliness protocols.
How Hotels and Lodging Are Keeping Guests and Staff Safe
In accordance with the State of California, Mono County has developed health and safety guidelines for hotel and lodging properties to operate under. Some safety measures are required by the Mono County Public Health Department and others are recommended as additional health and safety precautions.
Some safety precautions include:
- Implement contactless policies. whenever possible
- Housekeeping will not enter rooms when guests are present
- Maintain distancing in all eating areas and eliminating self-serve dining options
- Ensuring frequent cleaning of common surfaces
- Eliminating items that cannot be easily cleaned, such as magazines, ice buckets, cups, etc., from rooms
- Implement additional cleaning policies in alignment with state recommendations
For detailed information about a specific hotel or lodging property’s cleanliness protocols, visit the property’s website or contact the property directly.
Etiquette for Guests Visiting Hotels and Lodging
The town of Mammoth Lakes and the hotels and lodging properties here are doing their part to keep guests, workers and the local community safe when the statewide stay-at-home order is lifted and it is safe to travel to Mammoth Lakes again. Our community also asks that guests do their part to keep our community safe in return by adhering to these safety and etiquette guidelines:
- Respect each hotel or lodging property’s safety regulations
- Allow only one member of your party to enter the lobby for check-in
- Protect staff and other guests by wearing a mask when you are in hallways, lobbies and other common areas
- Keep a physical distance of six feet from anyone outside of your immediate household, even if you are wearing a face covering
- Clean your hands often
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Stay home if you are feeling sick
Types of Hotels & Lodging Allowed in Mammoth Lakes
- Hotels, motels and resorts accepting reservations
- Condos, houses, cabins and other short-term rentals (ex: VRBO, Airbnb, local property management companies) accepting reservations
RV Parks & Campgrounds
- Mammoth Mountain RV Park is accepting reservations
- Most campgrounds are closed for the season
FAQs About COVID-19 Safety for Hotels & Lodging
Are hotels in Mammoth Lakes open?
Short-term rentals in Mammoth Lakes are currently open with limited capacity and accepting future reservations.
What hotel facilities are open?
Mammoth Lakes is currently in the red tier of California’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy.
- On-site restaurants – open with limited indoor seating
- On-site retail – open
- Fitness centers – open with limited capacity
- Indoor pools and hot tubs – closed
- On-site spas – closed
Are RV parks in Mammoth Lakes open?
The Mammoth Mountain RV Park is open, with limited winter services.
Are campgrounds in Mammoth Lakes open?
U.S. Forest Service campgrounds in Mammoth Lakes are closed for the season. Check with each campground for more information.
Where can I find information about a specific hotel’s policies about cleanliness, bookings, contingency policies for cancellations, etc.?
For more detailed information about a specific hotel or lodging property’s policies, visit the property’s website or contact the property directly.