Mammoth Lakes Fire Department
Station One is open and operational. The new building at the corner of Main Street and Forest Trail is now home to the departments' administrative offices, along with six apparatus. The brand new 17,000 square foot building also houses a Mono County Medic Unit. So, stop on by to say hi and check out your new fire station!
Winter Fire Safety Tips
As the weather gets colder and the warmth of summer fades, it's time to think about the fire risk present with our wood stoves. Please follow these simple recommendations to minimize the risk of a fire in your home:
- Have your chimney or wood stove inspected and cleaned annually by a certified chimney specialist.
- Burn only seasoned wood - not trash.
- Use sturdy screens or doors to keep embers inside fireplaces.
- Keep all flammable objects at least three feet away from fireplaces and wood stoves.
- Install at least one smoke alarm on every level of your home and inside or near sleeping areas. Test them monthly and change the batteries annually.
Remember, fire safety is your personal responsibility because Fire Stops With You!
Physical Address: 3150 Main Street
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 5, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
Phone Number: (760) 934-2300
Fax Number: (760) 934-9210